If you have any questions or concerns about building security which are not answered below or if you have an emergency at the DeKalb County Juvenile Court, please contact the DeKalb County Sheriff's Office at (404)294-2735.
When you enter the DeKalb County Juvenile Court, you must pass through security. In order to facilitate the process, please:
- Take off all coats, jackets and hats.
- Remove steel- toed boots (other shoes are okay).
- Remove all contents from your pockets including cell phones, coins, etc. and place them in the plastic bins provided.
- Place purses and bags on the conveyer belt.
- Remove laptops from bags - after passing through security, you will have to turn them on to show that they work.
- Walk through the metal detector with your hands at your sides. If the metal detector beeps, you will be checked with a hand-held wand before you may retrieve your belongings.
You are not allowed to bring the following items into the Courthouse. If you have any of these items, they will be confiscated. Some items will not be returned to you. Others will be held until you leave the building. Possession of some items could result in immediate arrest.
- Mace or Pepper Spray
- Perfume bottles
- Illegal substances
- Glass bottles, cups, plates
- Metal silverware